I went to New York! | Personal

4.9.13 Unknown 0 Comments

New York, Empire State Building, Christine Harding


In case you've wondered why I've been so quite on my blog lately, I've just done a quick lil’ tour to the Big Apple and back;)

This year, my cousin Amy and I are turning 21! (a thought that for some reason makes me feel a little scared.) About a year ago we were chatting about turning 21 and everything that comes along with it – especially the pressure to have a huge big party and get expensive gifts. This didn't really interest us though, so we started playing around with the idea of maybe going on an oversees tour instead. 

So the next suggestion was, ‘why don’t you spend two weeks with Aunty Nan in New York?’ – and from that moment all the planning began:)

My legendary Aunty Nan, who is also a photographer, lives in Manhattan. After a verrrrrrry long flight via London to NYC, our adventure began. This was my first time leaving South Africa and the African continent, so it was kind of weird to think that I was actually in America!

The awesome thing about Nan is that she took us EVERYWHERE… We got the New York tour that the tourists don’t get;) She even said that we might have seen more of NY than the average New Yorker has! After the first few days, Amy and I became quite well adapted to the NY way. We were riding the subway like we owned it, we knew our way up, down, and around, and most importantly how to get home! We did plenty of shopping – from Fifth Avenue to Chinatown to the Chelsea Markets, plenty of sight-seeing (Liberty, Empire State, World Trade Centre, Brooklyn Bridge, Times Square, Wall Street – just to name a few), and way too many art museums!;)

Here are just a few photos for the time being, which I’m hoping to update on a regular bases. I figured if I didn't start posting these now, they will end up lying in my hard drive forever alone.

I hope you enjoy:)
Christine

*Most of my photos were taken with my very handy Canon S100, and some with my Canon 60D.


Manhattan, New York, In His Image Photography
The Statue of Liberty, New York, In His Image Photography
New York, In His Image Photography
Brooklyn Bridge, New York, In His Image Photography Brooklyn Bridge, New York, In His Image Photography
New York, In His Image Photography
New York, In His Image Photography
Central Park, New York, In His Image Photography Central Park, New York, In His Image Photography Central Park, New York, In His Image Photography
New York, In His Image Photography
New York, In His Image Photography New York, In His Image Photography
New York, In His Image Photography
New York, In His Image Photography
New York, In His Image Photography
Times Square, New York, In His Image Photography Times Square, New York, In His Image Photography
New York, In His Image Photography
New York, In His Image Photography
New York, In His Image Photography
New York, In His Image Photography New York, In His Image Photography

0 comments: