Vickie & Chrisna | South African Farm Wedding | Free-State

12.9.15 Unknown 0 Comments



At some point while capturing this beautiful wedding day celebration, I just took a moment to stop, look up at the sky, and thank God that I have the privilege to get to do this for a living. There come days when the editing and admin get a bit overwhelming, but then I experience moments like these and I realise that I wouldn't have it any other way:)

This was just such a special day. You could literally feel the love, joy and excitement oozing out of everyone. When I did Vickie and Chrisna’s engagement shoot on their farm earlier in the year, I was really blown away by how sweet, humble and welcoming they were. 

Their wedding took place at the lovely Memory Fields wedding farm near Jacobsdal in the Free State. It was such a pleasure to shoot at this venue - the staff are super friendly and accommodating and do all the decor and flowers themselves.

Chrisna got ready in the stone bridal suite situated along the banks of the river. It was such a relaxed atmosphere filled with plenty of giggling and sharing fun memories. I think this might be the first time that I had a bride who was well ahead of schedule!

The ceremony took place in the stone chapel, where the bride arrived in the cutest pink tractor which was a little surprise gift from her husband;) During their couple’s session, these two just couldn't stop giggling. It’s so much fun photographing a couple when you can just see that they are so in love! The joy was really just radiating from them:)

The day ended off with a beautiful wedding reception, a delicious meal, a beautiful cake (which was made by Mareli Visser who recently won Kokedoor) and lots of dancing and celebrating. 

Thank you so much to Vickie and Chrisna for choosing me to be a part of your special day. I really enjoyed every moment. May you have a blessed marriage and a happy life op die plaas ;)



mareli-visser-cake-kokedoor

Service Providers:
Venue, Decor & Flowers: Memory Fields
Videographers: Perfect Pear
Dress: Olivelli

0 comments: